Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Brief Introduction

In my random travels, I often carry a 6" plastic action figure and take pictures of him. Bongo, as I call him, is a gorrilla with a green backpack and a spring-propelled grapnel launched from his left wrist. He is one of the Rescue Heroes made by Fischer Price. The name on the box said Swinger, but I call him Bongo nonetheless.

Perhaps his full name is Bongo Swinger.

Swinger is not featured on the Fischer Price Rescue Heroes website.
Perhaps he has been discontinued.

In any case, he is durable, pose able, portable and much more reliable than the lawn gnome of urban legend. Unlike the lawn gnome, he is not stolen or borrowed. I purchased him, many years ago, for my son, who has outgrown such toys. So now I play with him.

I post the pictures here, along with whatever background information I feel appropriate.

No comments: